Are you looking to join an exciting venture with cutting edge technology? Qubitekk is looking for an Optical Engineer to assist with the design, modeling and testing of Qubitekk’s quantum entangled photon sources and quantum key distribution systems. This position involves working closely with Qubitekk’s physicists, electrical and mechanical engineers to develop the next generation of quantum sources.
The main responsibility of this position is to design and test optical systems, which includes our commercial products as well as R&D projects. This involves aligning systems, manipulating polarization states and quantifying performance using single photon detectors. The ideal candidate would do this by having close interaction and communication with personnel responsible for the mechanical, electrical, and software subsystems of various Qubitekk products. Other duties center around testing, optical alignment, analysis and reports.
The ideal candidate would possess the following qualifications:
- Experience in alignment of optical systems
- Familiar with optical design software, such as ZEMAX or similar ray-tracing tools
- Experienced with data collection and analysis
- Good command of English language
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident (required by our Government clients)
- Able to work on-site at our Vista, CA office
Education/Field of Study
- BS, MS or PhD
- Physics, Optics, Optical Engineering, Opto-Mechanical Engineering
- Python (preferred)
- Optical design software – Zemax (preferred) or Code V, Fred
- Knowledge of optics best practices (cleaning and handling of optics, alignment methods)
- Experience with general optical equipment (power meters, spectrum analyzers, etc.)
- Working with single photons (alignment, detectors) a plus
Qubitekk was founded in 2012 to commercialize the core technology required to speed the adoption of quantum computing technologies and applications in the quantum sensing/cryptography/computing markets. Our small team of industry leaders is located in Vista, CA (near San Diego). We were the first company to commercialize a new quantum optic-based cybersecurity solution that guarantees tamper-free communications between electric grid automation equipment.
Type of Projects We Do
- We work closely with organizations like (NASA, DoD, Dept of Energy) on research projects such as
- Developing and demonstrating the transmission of entangled photons between unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) and between UAVs and ground stations.
- Creating custom single photon sources and next generation quantum networking components.
- We ship commercial quantum optics products, such as our QKD system, Entangled Photon Source, and Quantum Mechanics Lab Kit.
If this role seems like a perfect fit for the next step in your career, we encourage you to learn more about our mission, team and products at: https://qubitekk.com/ and then send us your resume with a short introduction that shows why you are a great fit.
We promise to promptly review your application and if we agree your background seems to be a great fit, we will schedule an interview to discuss in detail the role, your experience and career goals.