About the Career Opportunity:
The Qubitekk team is looking for an experienced software engineer to assist with the development of Qubitekk’s commercial quantum products. This position involves working closely with Qubitekk’s electrical engineers, firmware engineers, and physicists to develop customer graphical user interfaces and production related software.
Behaviors to be Successful:
Our company values drive our behaviors and ultimately set us up for success, as well as make our work rewarding. Having and displaying these behaviors will be a strong indicator of success in this role.
✓ Lead with Solutions: “We encourage our employees to take ownership by identifying solutions to problems.”
✓ Embrace Opportunity: “Embrace opportunities to constantly grow and exceed expectations.”
✓ Act in Collaboration: “We partner and build relationships of trust based on integrity and compassion with each other, our partners, our customers, and our community.”
✓ Drive for Excellence: “Driving for excellence means being the best we can be and going above-and-beyond what is expected. Constantly striving to do better and be better.”
What Qualifications & Talents Are Needed to Be Successful in This Role?
The main responsibility of this position is to develop graphical user interfaces for customers of Qubitekk’s quantum products. This includes the development of the GUI software, manuals, example code for customers, and other documentation. On occasion, this will include direct support to priority customers. In addition, this position will be responsible for developing instrument control software for Qubitekk’s manufacturing and characterization operations. This will include the use of internal libraries as well as vendor-supplied libraries to control test equipment and the development of postprocessing code for analysis. This position involves daily activities with close interaction and communication with other personnel responsible for system engineering, customer support, and electrical design. Code development, revision management, and software release procedures are also aspects of this position.
- B.S. degree in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
- 5+ years work experience designing, developing, documenting, and releasing graphical user interface software for commercial products
- Experience with instrumentation automation for manufacturing or R&D applications
- Experience with data analysis application development
- Experience working from a Unix command line
- Proficient in C, C++, Python, and Visual C++ (or Visual Basic .NET)
- Experience with Visual Basic, LabView, and/or C#
- Experience automating precision, multi-axis stepper motors
- Experience with manufacturing operations
- Experience with quality control procedures
- Experience managing software revision control
- Experience with managing projects in GitHub or Atlassian products
- Good command of English language. Proficient at writing technical documents
- Good team player
- Willingness to learn new tools
Qubitekk is a Government contractor and we therefore require that the candidate is a US Citizen or Green card Holder.
You’ll Love Working Here Because:
- We offer a casual environment and a flexible work schedule. We want you to have a good balance between work and your personal life. Remote work is an option.
- The People – You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams — people you can be proud to work with!
- We Care Deeply – We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- We Strive to Move Upward & Are Forward Thinking – We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- The Diverse Culture – We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We strive to recruit and retain the brightest and best employees as we continue our journey forward.