Senior Corporate Accounting Manager
Would you like to manage Qubitekk’s accounting system and ensure DCAA compliance for Government contracting financials? Our growing team at Qubitekk develops hardware solutions that help solve critical national security problems like protecting our national power grid from hackers. You will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and ensuring compliance for our financial systems. You work passionately on the continuous evaluation of compliance with CAS, FAR and other regulatory requirements. This role will be critical in working with the company’s executive team to establish and execute on processes that ensure compliance with governmental accounting regulations including DCAA audit compliance.
You would be responsible for:
- Maintain and lead ongoing effectiveness of the company’s government contract cost accounting framework. DCAA accounting requirements required.
- Ensure compliance is being met within government contracts.
- Serve as primary liaison with DCMA, DCAA or any other third-party auditor
- Assist in structuring the compliance structure within the organization.
- Review reports for consistency, accuracy, and compliance with funding sources.
- Prepare an annual “ICE model” (Incurred Cost Proposal) for Government Cognizant Agency
- Lead the development of direct and indirect rates utilized in U.S. Government proposals and contracts
- Assist in the development and monitoring of budgets, including detailed variance analysis with key inter-organizational stakeholders
- Conduct training sessions with applicable employees on regulations or requirements as needed
- Demonstrated understanding of accounting fundamentals, internal control procedures and GAAP
- Bachelor’s degree major field of accounting or finance discipline from an accredited university.
- Five Years+ accounting experience or performing similar duties required.
- Prior experience with DCAA accounting procedures and ICE model required.
- Ability to work independently and oversee/ control work of others
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities, deadlines, and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated strengths will include a highly collaborative work style, the ability to anticipate problems, success in resolving difficult situations and effectively communicate with all levels of stakeholders
- Attention to detail and high-quality threshold for one’s work products and solutions
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident (required by our Government clients)
- Willing to work as a full-time W2 employee with benefits
- Willing to work remotely
- Prefer making a large impact in a small company over working for a large 1000+ person company
- Solid English communication and writing skills
- Willingness to continually learn new tools and skills
Ideally you also have:
- Previous experience in Defense contracting
- Experience of a DCAA approved accounting system; PROCAS preferred.
- Microsoft Office Suite skills; specifically, Microsoft Excel skills (advanced)
Your typical workday:
- Meet with key stake holders to determine project requirements
- Brainstorm with team members and by yourself
- Understand the needs and workflows in efficient accounting practices
- Oversee and control bookkeeping tasks
- Manage cash flow of a small company with dedication and responsibility
- Qubitekk was founded in 2012 to commercialize the core technology required to speed the adoption of quantum computing technologies and applications in the quantum sensing/cryptography/computing
- Our small team of industry leaders is located in Vista, CA (near San Diego). We were the first company to commercialize a new quantum optic-based cybersecurity solution that guarantees tamper-free communications between electric grid automation equipment. This is a great time to join the company because you will be working directly with senior leadership and as we grow you will have opportunities to take on new responsibilities.
Type of Projects We Do
- We work closely with organizations like (NASA, DoD, Dept of Energy) on research projects like developing and demonstrating the transmission of entangled photons between unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) and between UAVs and ground stations.
- We ship commercial products like the Entangled Photon Source with Integrated Laser used for R&D and product development and the Quantum Mechanics Lab Kit for classroom instruction and R&D to perform fundamental experiments in quantum mechanics.
If this role seems like a perfect fit for your next career move we encourage you to learn more about our mission, team and products at: http://qubitekk.com/ and then send us your resume with a short introduction that shows you did your homework on us and why you are a great fit. Please send your documents to email@example.com.
We promise to promptly review your application and if we agree your background seems to be a great fit we will schedule an interview to discuss in detail the role, your experience and career goals.