Optics lab technician
The Qubitekk team is looking for lab technician to assist with the development and assembly of Qubitekk’s commercial quantum products. This position involves working closely with Qubitekk’s manufacturing and R&D team to ensure proper product functionality and quality conformity.
Behaviors to be Successful:
Our company values drive our behaviors and ultimately set us up for success, as well as make our work rewarding. Having and displaying these behaviors will be a strong indicator of success in this role.
✓ Lead with Solutions: “We encourage our employees to take ownership by identifying solutions to problems.”
✓ Embrace Opportunity: “Embrace opportunities to constantly grow and exceed expectations.”
✓ Act in Collaboration: “We partner and build relationships of trust based on integrity and compassion with each other, our partners, our customers, and our community.”
✓ Drive for Excellence: “Driving for excellence means being the best we can be and going above-and-beyond what is expected. Constantly striving to do better and be better.”
What Qualifications & Talents Are Needed to Be Successful in This Role?
The main responsibility of this position is to prepare and assemble optical components with highest attention to detail. This position involves daily activities with close interaction and communication with other personnel responsible for the mechanical and optical subsystems of various Qubitekk products. Testing, trouble shooting, analysis and reports are also aspects of this position.
What We’re Looking For
- Must be detail oriented and have good written skills for clear record keeping
- Must have good communication skills and be able to interact well with others
- Must follow Qubitekk’s standard operating procedures to prepare and various parameters including good laboratory practices
- General typing/computer skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications Outlook, Excel, Word, and Teams
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Experienced working under microscope
- Steady hands and high attention to detail
- Experience with handling, aligning and mounting optical components
- Experienced working with fiber optics
- Quality Control / incoming goods inspection experience
- Excellent command of the English language required
- Good team player
- Willingness to learn new tools
- Must be able to lift/push-pull/ carry up to 25 lbs
- Must be able to stand and walk for an extended period of time, roughly 65% of the time
Examples of the Equipment that will be used in the day-to-day operations: Microscope, Small hand tools, Calipers, Centrifuge, Polarimeter, Fiber inspection tools, DVM, Power meters.
Qubitekk is a Government contractor and we therefore require that the candidate is a US Citizen or Green card Holder.
You’ll Love Working Here Because:
- We offer a casual environment and a flexible work schedule. We want you to have a good balance between work and your personal life
- The People – You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams — people you can be proud to work with!
- We Care Deeply – We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- We Strive to Move Upward & Are Forward Thinking – We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- The Diverse Culture – We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We strive to recruit and retain the brightest and best employees as we continue our journey forward.
At Qubitekk, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them! We know by having a diverse organization it benefits our employees, our customers, and our community. Qubitekk is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of creed, gender, national origin (includes, but is not limited to the individual’s or ancestor’s’ actual or perceived physical, cultural, or linguistic characteristics associated with a national origin group or marital to membership in or association with persons of a national origin group), religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, gender transition, Veteran’s status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.