Optical Researcher / Engineer
About the Career Opportunity:
The Qubitekk team is looking for an experienced optical research and engineering staff member to assist with the development of Qubitekk’s commercial quantum products. This position involves working closely with Qubitekk’s physicists and engineers, providing optics expertise to support ongoing research and development efforts.
Behaviors to be Successful:
Our company values drive our behaviors and ultimately set us up for success, as well as make our work rewarding. Having and displaying these behaviors will be a strong indicator of success in this role.
✓ Lead with Solutions: “We encourage our employees to take ownership by identifying solutions to problems.”
✓ Embrace Opportunity: “Embrace opportunities to constantly grow and exceed expectations.”
✓ Act in Collaboration: “We partner and build relationships of trust based on integrity and compassion with each other, our partners, our customers, and our community.”
✓ Drive for Excellence: “Driving for excellence means being the best we can be and going above-and-beyond what is expected. Constantly striving to do better and be better.”
What Qualifications & Talents Are Needed to Be Successful in This Role?
The main responsibility of this position is to support Qubitekk’s research and product development efforts. This includes the design, alignment, and testing of custom optical systems for ongoing research efforts. In addition, this position will be responsible for contributing to the design and testing of Qubitekk’s commercial products. This position involves daily activities with close interaction and communication with other personnel responsible for system engineering, customer support, and electrical design.
- B.S. degree (M.S. or Ph.D. preferred) in Physics, Optics, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- 5+ yrs work experience with optical systems
- Experience with instrumentation automation for manufacturing or R&D applications
- Good command of English language. Proficient at writing technical documents
- Good team player
- Willingness to learn new tools
Qubitekk is a Government contractor and we therefore require that the candidate is a US Citizen or Green card Holder.
You’ll Love Working Here Because:
- We offer a casual environment and a flexible work schedule. We want you to have a good balance between work and your personal life. Remote work is an option.
- The People – You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams — people you can be proud to work with!
- We Care Deeply – We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- We Strive to Move Upward & Are Forward Thinking – We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- The Diverse Culture – We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We strive to recruit and retain the brightest and best employees as we continue our journey forward.