Firmware Engineer (Quantum Products)
Would you like to develop firmware for microprocessor-based circuit boards used in commercial quantum components that help solve critical national security problems like protecting our national power grid from hackers?
- Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Proficient using C++ for firmware development for microprocessors/controllers in commercial products
- Have worked with electrical engineers and PCB designers responsible for mechanical and optical subsystems of commercial products to ensure proper functionality and quality
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident (required by our Government clients)
- Willing to work as a full-time W2 employee with benefits and potential equity/stock options
- Willing to work at our Vista, CA office when safe to do so (remote work for now)
- Prefer making a large impact in a small company over working for a large 1000+ person company
- Solid English communication and writing skills
- Willingness to continually learn new tools and skills
Ideally you also have:
- Experience with STMicro family of microprocessors/controllers
- Experience developing firmware on embedded/virtual microcontrollers
- Experience with digital circuit design, circuit board testing and debugging
- Experience managing revision control systems
Your typical workday:
- Meet with key stake holders to determine project requirements
- Brainstorm with team members and by yourself
- Create code and architectures to perform and support product development in the Quantum Optics field
- Work using a variety of IDE’s and version control tools
- Recommend improved practices and procedures
- Test fix and debug boards (soldering skills needed)
- Document future changes and existing board performance
- Meet as needed with clients and vendors
- Qubitekk was founded in 2012 to commercialize the core technology required to speed the adoption of quantum computing technologies and applications in the quantum sensing/cryptography/computing
- Our small team of industry leaders is located in Vista, CA (near San Diego). We were the first company to commercialize a new quantum optic-based cybersecurity solution that guarantees tamper-free communications between electric grid automation equipment. This is a great time to join the company because you will be working directly with senior leadership and as we grow you will have opportunities to take on new responsibilities.
Type of Projects We Do
- We work closely with organizations like (NASA, DoD, Dept of Energy) on research projects like developing and demonstrating the transmission of entangled photons between unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) and between UAVs and ground stations.
- We ship commercial products like the Entangled Photon Source with Integrated Laser used for R&D and product development and the Quantum Mechanics Lab Kit for classroom instruction and R&D to perform fundamental experiments in quantum mechanics.
If this role seems like a perfect fit for your next career move we encourage you to learn more about our mission, team and products at: http://qubitekk.com/ and then send us your resume with a short introduction that shows you did your homework on us and why you are a great fit.
We promise to promptly review your application and if we agree your background seems to be a great fit we will schedule an interview to discuss in detail the role, your experience and career goals.