by July 2, 2018 inon
Roles and Responsibilities
The main responsibility of this position is to develop optical design and specifications for optical systems. This position involves daily activities with close interaction and communication with other personnel responsible for the mechanical, electrical, and software subsystems of various Qubitekk products. Testing, optical alignments, analysis and reports are also aspects of this position.
- The following skills and experience are mandatory for this position:
- Proficiency in ZEMAX (or similar ray-tracing tool) with experience in Monte Carlo tolerancing and design optimization studies.
- Experience in modeling and designing focusing/collimation assemblies for single mode optical fibers.
- Experience modeling GRIN lenses and birefringent materials.
- Knowledge of single frequency laser diodes is a plus.
- Experience dealing with optical component vendors, specifying component tolerances, and verifying delivered component specs.
- Hands-on mode of operation (comfortable in the lab)
- A minimum of 5 years of experience
- BS Optical Engineering or Physics, or similar, relevant Engineering degree
Provide your current resume and a cover letter that outlines why you are the best candidate for this position. You must title your cover letter “Fibers, light and lasers are my passion” to be considered in the hiring process.
Job Type: Full-time